Meet Our Team
Acupuncturist Michael T. Buyze, MS, C.Ac., Dipl. Ac.
Michael Buyze has over 30 years of experience in health care. He is a graduate of the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine earning an Acupuncture Certificate in 1998 and a Master’s of Oriental Medicine Degree in 1999. He is board certified in acupuncture and holds a certificate to practice acupuncture in the State of Wisconsin. He founded East Wind Acupuncture in Appleton, Wisconsin in 1998. The clinic has grown to be one of the busiest acupuncture clinics in Wisconsin and was medically integrated by incorporating medical practitioners including a doctor and nurse practitioner in 2014.
Prior to studying Chinese Medicine, Michael received a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology from George Williams College in Downers Grove, IL. His extensive experience in clinical exercise programming includes 14 years developing and implementing cardiac rehabilitation, health promotion, and diabetes management programs for several hospitals in Northeastern Wisconsin, which served thousands of patients. While working in the field of cardiac rehabilitation, he was awarded certification as a Preventive and Rehabilitative Exercise Program Director, by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), the highest level certification they award. In addition to his work in the hospitals, he obtained a Master of Science in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh as he moved from front-line work into middle management.
With an undergraduate degree in education (BS from UW-Oshkosh in 1979), Michael has always incorporated teaching into his work with patients. For 10 years he served on the faculty of the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine in Racine, WI where he taught Western pharmacology and practice management. He has also taught classes in traditional Chinese medicine at the Blue Sky School of Professional Massage and Therapeutic Bodywork in Grafton and Green Bay and has been a guest lecturer in nursing and anthropology programs at UW-Oshkosh and Lawrence University respectively.
Michael continues to speak on a variety of health topics and is available through the Foundation for Wellness Professionals at www.wellnessspeakers.org.
Eric Carpenter, BS, MS, L.Ac
Eric received his undergraduate degree in Nutrition & Dietetics from Dominican University. After undergrad he went on to pursue acupuncture and graduated from Midwest College of Oriental Medicine in Chicago in 2005. Eric studied abroad in China and also spent time in South America.
Suzanne Linton, APNP
Dedicated to providing quality holistic care to all patients as an Adult Nurse Practitioner, by acknowledging and addressing a patient’s physiological, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs.
- Board-certified, Adult Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Prescriber (2008)
- Masters of Science in Nursing (2007)- Marian College, Fond du Lac, WI
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (2004)- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- Associate Degree in Nursing (1991) – Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- 20+ years in nursing – varied experiences include: Nursing home (Nursing assistant), General/Medical/Surgical specialities (Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, Women’s Health, General & Vascular Surgery, Surgical first assistant (Urology & General/Vascular Surgery).
- Adjunct Clinical Practicum Instructor (2011) – Marian College of Fond du Lac
- Wellness and Preventative Health
- The Role of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Complementary/Alternative Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Pelvic Pain and Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes.
Pam - Insurance and Patient Accounts
Nycol - Case Manager
Katelyn - Marketing / Front Desk
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:30pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 5:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 5:30pm|